Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Derb-a-licious weekend update.

Derby weekend is over and I'm still recovering from all the fun. I'm going to try to get caught up here but who knows how far I'll get!

Derby weekend was such a success. Friday night was totally amazing. I had so much fun with my ladies at the Fillies and Stallions Party! I was super excited to get to meet Aaron Rogers and so many of the UofL basketball team! Here are some pictures from that night.  Also, these are totally out of order because this blog site drives me nuts and I can't figure it out half of the time and I don't feel like uploading every single picture one by one. So there.


Me, Aaron Rogers & Ashlee. WHAT!!!
Very nice and soft spoken guy. I was so excited to meet him! (PS...Thanks Brittney for making this happen)

Bonefish apps with the ladies before heading out.


Mr. Chane Behanan 


Creeping on Kris Humphries


Me and my bestest. Love this lady.


Borrowed from the Jenny Drake line.


Found Marissa on the dance floor!


My best girl. 


Momma's ready for some fun!



After the Fillies and Stallions party luckily for me Krista was sober and was willing to drive us home! Yay! I hate not sleeping in my own bed, especially if I have things to do the next morning. So anyway, once I got home I ate some chicken ramen noodles and took my butt to bed. At 4am. Shew wee. Momma doesn't party like that anymore. :-)

I woke up ready to go at 8:45am. Yep. I LOVE DERBY DAY! I quickly texted the husband a big ol' Happy 30th Birthday text since he was in a turkey blind and go up ready to start my day! I really didn't have much to prepare because I did a lot the day before since I was off. I went to try and find Derby programs and that was a complete bust. Everyone was sold out. So I ventured over to Starbucks and had the new Caramel Crunch Frappe. OMG. Talk about life changing. It was seriously the best drink ever. I totally gained 3 pounds last week but I've gotten back on track since then. So, I got my starbucks and a ham, egg & swiss croissant and then I went back home to prepare for the rest of the day.



I had Pandora jamming the Lorde station while I was making food. Ryan got home around noon and started getting the corn hole boards ready and all the fish and turkey set out for the fish fry. YUM!

People started arriving around 2 and Geoff and I got our corn hole winning streak underway. We were beat a few times but I'm pretty sure we were still the champions of the whole wide world. (As my dad would say.) :-)

Me and Krista being twinsies.


Me and momma.


My love. 


Who knows. 


The boys hanging out in the garage.


Krista Sammich.



The Derby pots were selling, corn hole was being played, fish and frog legs were being fried and everyone was having a good time! My baby girl finally got home around 4. My mother in law kept her Oaks night and most of the day Derby so I could get things ready for the party. Little bug was tired but she had fun playing with her best buddy Raegan.



Once the Derby was done and California Chrome was declared the winner I was pumped because I actually won the $5 Derby pot! I never win these things and I always spend so much money! Cali Chrome was the favorite so  when I drew him I definitely didn't think that I was going to win because the favorites don't win often. I knew I was taking my winnings to target to get some cute skirts. Yay!

We hung out with friends until around 930 and then Ryan and I were beat so we went to bed. On Sunday we had his birthday dinner over at his parents. Enchiladas, chocolate cake and ice cream. YUM! Jan's chocolate cake is amazing and this time she put a layer of fudge in it. WHAT?! I didn't eat any after the enchiladas but I did have a small piece later that night and it was so delicious. (I told you I gained 3 pounds last week)

So there you have it folks. My Derby weekend update. It was a lot of fun and it was exhausting and I'm already looking forward to next year!

365 update will be up tomorrow along with a few other things!


xxx

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment