Monday, May 5, 2014

The most perfect melt in your mouth venison steak!

I've had some requests for this recipe since I posted the photo for my 365 project so I figured I would throw it up here really quick. This venison steak is melt in your mouth delicious.  I actually got this deer steak recipe from Field and Stream but I've added my own little tweaks to it. I think this tastes best with tenderloin because it's thicker.

I have hubby pull some tenderloin or steaks from the freezer and let them thaw for a few days.

Once they thaw I then put them in a marinade made of Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, salt, pepper and steak seasoning for no less than 24 hours. I also beat them a few times with a meat hammer to make them a little more tender.

1. When I'm ready to cook I take the steaks and marinade out of the fridge about an hour before I'm ready to throw them on the skillet.  I let the meat rest on the counter until it comes to room temperature or close to it.

2. Place a 10-12 inch cast iron skillet in the oven and set the temperature to 450 degrees.

3. Using a paper towel, blot any surface moisture, blood and marinade off steak. Rub both sides with canola or vegetable oils. Sprinkle heavily with salt and cracked pepper, pressing the seasonings into the meat with your hand.

4. When the oven comes up to temperature, carefully remove the hot pan to a stovetop burner set to medium-high.

5. Place the steak in the pan and sear one side quickly, no more than 30 seconds. Flip the steak and transfer the pan back into the oven. Cook about two minutes per side for medium rare, but no longer than 3 minutes per side.

6. Remove the pan from the oven and transfer the steak to a plate. Let the meat rest for about five minutes before slicing. Use this time to deglaze the pan with a little red wine or stock to make a quick, easy pan sauce.

Once sliced your steak will look and taste as delicious as this......




Enjoy!


xxx

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment