Thursday, April 3, 2014

Turkey Sausage Bake!

I fully intend on doing a catch up blog tomorrow but tonight I want to share with you one of my favorite recipes that I found on Pinterest. Not only is this recipe healthy, it's really filling too!

Baked Turkey Sausage, Peppers, Carrots & Potatoes


(Yes, I eat on tiny salad plates for portion control)


Here is what you need to do:

Ingredients

  • 1 package (at least 1 lb) of your favorite sausage links (johnsonvilles, evergood, generic smoked sausage, whatever you like.  i used smoked turkey sausage, 2 long links)
  • 4-5 decent-sized potatoes (i prefer yukon gold or red bliss)
  • 1 small jar banana peppers
  • 1-2 bell peppers, sliced (I didn't do this on this recipe but I added carrots)
  • 1 large onion, sliced
  • 3 tbsp olive oil (yes, it has to be OLIVE oil)
  • salt & pepper
  • Parmesan Cheese (enough to sprinkle over the top)
  • *optional — 3 tbsp creole seasoning ( I use Tony's because it's THE BEST)


Instructions:


Spray a large baking pan w/ nonstick spray (make sure there is at least a small “lip” that provides a “side” to the pan, don’t use a flat baking sheet.
  1. Slice sausages into thin rounds, about 1/5″ thick. 
  2. Cut potatoes into 1/2″ chunks
  3. Slice onion and pepper into strips
  4. Leave baby carrots as is if you use them. Just throw them in with everything else.
  5. Place all ingredients on baking sheet and drizzle oil over.  use your hands to toss everything together in the oil, making sure everything feels coated.
  6. Add salt & pepper and spices (if using)
  7. Top w/ sliced banana peppers
  8. Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese over the top
  9. Bake at 400 for about 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender
There ya have it! This dish is really good and husband approved. It's one of his favorites as well. I added a salad to this meal too because I LOVE salad.

I'll be back tomorrow with a full 365 update and trip blog!

This photo is day 93 for the record. :-)

xxx

Ryan



No comments:

Post a Comment