Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day 2! It's a new recipe kinda day!

Hello friends!

As some of you know I LOVE to cook, bake and try new recipes and tonight I made a delicious dish and decided to blog about it and incorporate my 365 photo to it as well.

The dish is called One-Pan Venison Enchilada Pasta. Of course you don't have to use venison, but since I have a hearty supply here in my freezer thanks to the husbands hunting adventures, I rarely use any other type of meat. Plus it's so lean, I don't have to worry about all the fat and icky stuff that's in ground beef. Bleh.

Enough about that. Here is what you need:

Ingredients 
  • 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced ( I was out so used a little garlic powder and garlic salt)
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1.25 pounds of taco seasoned ground venison, turkey, or beef
  • packet of low-sodium taco seasoning
  • 2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 19oz can of red enchilada sauce
  • 8oz (about 2 1/2 cups) of dried rotini pasta
  • 2 cups of freshly shredded Colby Jack cheese 

  • green onions
  • black olives (optional I didn't use olives)

Instructions
  1. In a large skillet or sauté pan, sauté garlic and onions in olive oil over medium low heat until softened.
  2. Add ground meat and cook, breaking meat up with a wooden spoon until browned.
  3. Once turkey meat is cooked through, add pasta, chicken broth and enchilada sauce to pan.
  4. Bring to a boil, then reduced heat to low and cover.
  5. Cook on low, with pan covered for about 15 minutes.
  6. Then remove lid and let simmer for additional 5 minutes until pasta is tender and sauce has reduced.
  7. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of cheese.
  8. Top pasta with additional cup of cheese and melt under broiler for a minute or tow, or place lid back on pan and let heat from the pasta melt the cheese.
  9. Garnish with black olives and green onions.

The end result looks like this (minus the matte Lightroom filter :-)

Please don't mind my old as dirt pan. I think if I'm going to start taking pictures of my cooking I should probably get some new pots and pans. But hey, if it's not broke, don't fix it right?



Thanks for checking out the recipe and day 2 of my 365 photo project! I'm going to try and do a recipe a week. Don't forget to follow my blog and "Like" my Facebook page! Click the link below and it will take you there!


Next time I will take more photos of the cooking process as well! It's hard to do when you're trying to entertain a 9 month old in a highchair and cook dinner at the same time!


xxxx

Ryan





No comments:

Post a Comment