Monday, January 13, 2014

Outdoor running essentials, a story & my playlist.

Good Monday morning!

This morning Charlie decided to wake up at 430 hungry and of course after I fed her I couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to get up and go for a run. I turned on the news around 5am and saw that it was 52 degrees outside so I knew that I was going to take this mornings run outdoors. Normally in the summer/spring/fall I always run outdoors but this winter has been icky so I've been taking full advantage of my treadmill.

I geared up with my essentials: Day 13.


1. Brooks Trance 12 Running Shoes
2. Belkin Arm Band
3. Iphone with the Nike running app (758.1 miles, whew!)
4. Cinnamon gum
5. Earphones
6. Mace

I really need to get a reflective vest for when I run outdoors, or a little flashing light thingy because it's freakin' dark out and I really don't want to get hit by a car!

This mornings run was great but when I was rounding my neighborhood for my second lap I saw two big males walking in the middle of the road so I diverted through a side street and looped around the "big" block on the other side of Johnsontown Rd. As I was running down Lower River almost towards the end of my run I saw a guy dressed all in black wheeling two bikes down the road. This freaked me out. I'm pretty sure those bikes were stolen and I believe that this was one of the guys that I saw walking in my neighborhood earlier. It's dark as can be at 530am so I was a little freaked out when I saw this guy. I had my mace but when I passed him I just ran faster because I didn't want him to drop one of those bikes and hop on the other to come after me. I should have called the cops and reported the suspicious activity but honestly I was more concerned with getting home safely.

I never really feel scared or concerned about running in my neighborhood when it's dark because I live in a pretty good neighborhood and we've never had any issues but I was a little creeped out this morning. I think I'll try to keep my outdoor runs closer to 6am when the kids are at the bus stops and more people are leaving for work.

This mornings playlist was from Songza's Cardio Hip Hop Mix. This app is the best.


1. Kanye West - The New Workout Plan
2. Eminem - Sing for the Moment
3. Salt N Pepa - Push it
4. Lil Wayne - 6 Foot 7 Foot
5.Ludacris & Nicki - My Chick Bad
6. Missy Elliot - Get Ur Freak On
7.House of Pain- Jump Around
8. T.I- Bring em out
9. Missy Elliot - Work it

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

xxx

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment